1. I am adopted
2. The day my daughter was born I said “This is the first person I’ve ever known that is actually, truly related to me”
3. I did not enjoy being pregnant, but I loved that I was having a baby.
4. I’ve traveled as far east as Spain, and as far west as Hawaii
5. My children are little miniature versions of me. My son more than my daughter.
6. I start planning for Christmas in February – sometimes even earlier.
7. I like snowfalls through December. After that, I don’t like them.
8. I must have coffee every morning.
9. I enjoy cooking and I am good at it.
10. As a child/adolescent, I was very insecure.
11. I am a voracious reader.
12. I don’t read newspapers or watch local news. Any info I think I need I get online.
13. I do not like Valentine’s Day.
14. I do not particularly like Halloween but I partake more now that I have children.
15. I do not like my birthday. Related to #1.
16. I am an Aries. A fire sign.
17. I have 4 tattoos.
18. I would like more.
19. One of my tattoos is the chinese symbol for fire. See #16.
20. I am a huge Red Sox fan.
21. If theory holds true and Jason Varitek manages a MLB team someday, I will also be a fan of that team.
22. I skipped my recent high school reunion.
23. I love almost every kind of music. I have music on constantly.
24. I am always cold.
25. People tease me about the way I sneeze.
26. My favorite color is very dark blue.
27. I am not a girly girl. My daughter is.
28. I do not like seafood of any kind.
29. I live in Maine – the lobster capital of the world.
30. I have OCD. It manifests itself in routine, organization, and schedules.
31. I am extremely nearsighted. My eye doctor “guesstimates” my eyesight to be 20/600 uncorrected. He says past a certain point, they can’t actually be sure what it is. I am far past that point.
32. I hate wearing glasses. I wear my contacts all day every day and only put on my glasses right before bed.
33. I would like to have Lasik surgery but am wary – it’s my EYES.
34. I have a very sensitive sense of smell. I sometimes drive people crazy with my constant comments on smells, especially bad ones.
35. Almost every perfume I’ve ever tried smells bad on me. I have found one I like and have used it exclusively for about 10 or 12 years.
36. It has become my signature scent and people recognize me by it, sometimes before they see me. It is not strong, just mine.
37. I have been in therapy. I recommend it.
38. I was married at 22.
39. I was divorced at 32.
40. My ex-husband is very angry at me but we try to get along for the sake of our children.
41. The dentist scares me.
42. I brush my teeth at least three times a day. Sometimes more.
43. I test at a high level of intelligence but that might surprise people who knew me in school.
44. In school I was an underachiever who was just biding her time until takeoff.
45. I try to be funny but my humor is sometimes seen as sarcasm. It could be.
46. I enjoy thunder storms.
47. I don’t mind “falling back” and having darkness arrive earlier.
48. I love the ocean. I miss living near it.
49. I had never been to Disney World until I took my children when I was 34.
50. I love traveling and wish I had the finances and time to do more of it.
51. I dye my hair. It’s a similar shade to my own only with a little more “oomph”. I am covering the gray which appeared when I was just 29.
52. My hair is wavy at the bottom, which I hate.
53. My eyes seem to change color. The postman and each child all have different answers for what color my eyes are. I just say they are Hazel.
54. I work from home for a hospital about two hours away. I travel there about twice a month.
55. I oppose the war.
56. I support and respect our troops.
57. I have a thing for dolphins.
58. My children have been swimming with dolphins. I have not.
59. I drive a small SUV but wish I didn’t have to. A sedan just wasn’t big enough.
60. I used to own a mini-van. I cannot bring myself to do that again.
61. My toenails are always polished. Always.
62. I get my fingernails done at a salon. Seems to contradict # 27, doesn’t it?
63. I love chocolate. Anything chocolate.
64. I am still a little bit afraid of the dark.
65. I have a friend who believes I’m of Greek heritage because she saw a child in Athens who was the spitting image of me. See #1.
66. Greece is on the list of places I’d like to visit.
67. I used to want to be a big city girl, living in New York.
68. I am glad I did not turn into that Big City Girl.
69. I am pro-choice.
70. I am fairly liberal, but have a few conservative beliefs also.
71. I am registered to vote as an Independent.
72. I am a proponent of equal rights.
73. I was raised Catholic but I no longer practice.
74. I do not claim to be any one particular religion.
75. I have a loud distinctive laugh. People either love it or hate it – there is no middle ground.
76. I am short.
77. I could not have any more children after my second child and I was ok with that.
78. I had a miscarriage on my daughter’s second birthday. I don’t think I will ever tell her.
79. I am easily bored.
80. I was first chair in the flute section my freshmen and sophomore year of HS. I quit band my junior year. See #44.
81. I don’t remember any of the finger positions on a flute.
82. The TV show Will and Grace made me laugh out loud, even when I was watching alone. I have several seasons on DVD.
83. I am addicted to chapstick. They are in my car, in the bathroom, on the nightstand, in my coat pockets, and on my desk. There might be one in a cabinet in the kitchen.
84. I am careful when I speak. Words cannot be taken back once they are out there.
85. We have 4 dogs.
86. We have 2 cats.
87. I have ruled there are to be absolutely no more pets. Not even a fish.
88. I can be a clean freak. See # 30.
89. It’s hard to be a clean freak with a yellow lab who sheds. Alot.
90. The yellow lab is my favorite dog. His name is Jake.
91. I love glitter. I’m like a fish.
92. It really bothers my mother that I live with a man out of wedlock. See # 73. She says it doesn’t, but I know it does.
93. Snakes terrify me. Even pictures or on TV.
94. Not fond of spiders either.
95. I have bad dreams or nightmares probably an average of 2 or 3 times a week.
96. I drink too much diet soda and not enough water.
97. I am not too crafty although I want to be and I try.
98. I curse too much – but I try not to in front of my kids.
99. I have only worked for two organizations my entire adult life. One for 9 years and the other going on 11 years.
100.I am blessed.