Well, as I think I mentioned in my last brief post, the Postman’s father is home. Too much happened to try to recap it all here but here are some high (or low) lights:
– Spent 4 days in ICU
– Spent 6 days in Respiratory SCU
– Spent 2 days in a regular room on the respiratory floor
– Doctors don’t know what was wrong. They gave him a broad spectrum antibiotic that seemed to be working. He felt better and the congestion in his lungs was breaking up.
– Right before they moved him to the regular room they said although he FELT better, he wasn’t GETTING better. Um, what? Based on CT scan comparisons and bronchoscopy comparisons, there was no actual change in his lungs.
– 2 days later they sent him home – not knowing what was causing the breathing difficulty (beyond his already known COPD), and after stating he wasn’t getting better.
So that’s kind of where we are. He’s home, and although he feels better, he has to follow up with a respiratory specialist closer to home to try and track this and at least keep him status quo if not improved.
On a happier note, the Diva competed in a Dressage competition today and placed 2nd in one category and 3rd in the other category she was in. This was the first time she competed in Dressage, so it was quite an accomplishment!
I am looking forward to a quieter week – no driving 90 miles to the hospital. I can catch up on my work, my housework, and time with the Postman and the kids.
Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!
The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire. ~Sharon Ralls Lemon