The other night we had a mishap with the space heater.
Because the Postman loves me so much, he bought me a space heater to put by my desk because I am always
bitching about being cold.
When I turned it off the other night, I apparently didn’t turn it off completely. (I think it malfunctioned and now I’m scared of it.) After a few minutes the smoke alarm near my desk started going off. We quickly figured out the problem and as the Postman went to work on turning the heater completely off, I yanked the smoke alarm off the wall since the kids were already in bed and there was no imminent danger. Being the diligent human/parent that I am, I put the alarm on the bureau in our bedroom. Just until the next morning.
Except that the next morning? I was too lazy to pull out the step stool and climb up there to put the smoke alarm back on the wall.
So when I heard it beeping, I obligingly
got the step stool pulled the battery out of it.
When it continued beeping (apparently some sort of signal that it is not currently hard wired since I’m holding it in my hand), I shoved it under a pile of clothes in the Postman’s closet.
At least the ones in the kitchen and near the kid’s bedrooms are on the wall and working. I think. I would have to get the step stool to check.
What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient. ~Bodie Thoene, Warsaw Requiem